Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Special Request



               So I had a special request for a birthday card from my daughter for a friend of hers that is a singer.  They wanted it big enough for a group to sign it and big enough to put money in it - since he didn't want gifts but money for his trip to England.
This is what I came up with ... I found a digital stamp of a singer that I printed in black on white CS and then hand painted with silver opal.


            When you look at it directly it looks black, when you angle it to the side it shines silver.  I edged the white card stock with Blue Print Sketch and then splattered with Blue Print Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Shaded Lilac.
One the dark blue CS base, I rounded the top corners.  I added blue printed paper by Recollections and then mounted the white CS on top of that.  I made the banner with two shades of blue CS - added some brads and mounted that with dimensional tape.






           For the inside, I made a fake boarding pass on my computer  (I blocked out his name) and made the left edge perforated like a real boarding pass.








     One the back of the pass I cut vellum to size of money - cut a half circle on the edge to make it easier to fill and glued the edges to the boarding pass.
       Once they have filled the pocket .. we will glue the end edges to the inside of the card and he'll just have to tear the perforated side to get to the hidden envelope.







         I left plenty of room on the inside for personal messages and put the sentiment to the far right.
I hope he likes it ...
I had fun making it.







Thanks for peeking
Dawn

No comments: