Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Habiscus





        This card is for a great sketch on Try Stamping (or Not) on Tuesday with an optional theme of 'ANGLES'.  I have to admit, the black paper with the diagonal lines was driving me loopy.  The paper is from American Craft Paper.
         The center of the diagonal is a stamped image from a bargain box mounted find that I stamped randomly on white cs with Black StazOn.  I colored the flower petals with white crayon and then sponged Fired Brick ink over the piece where there is a color resist.  One of my favorite -- yet simple -- techniques.
      The black and white strip paper is from a holiday Valentine pad from American Craft that I had in my stuffs from a few years back.
         The sentiment was stamped with Fired Brick on white CS and clear embossing powder and then mounted with two metal daisy brads - that I absolutely forgot that I had a whole bunch of.
        All of this on a red card stock side fold base.


This is the sketch for this week






















I hope you have fun playing along with this challenge.




I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Stamping Royalty = your favorite technique (color resist)
Polkadoodles = ATG
Tuesday Throwdown = Thinking of you



Have a great day !!

Dawn

3 comments:

JenniferE said...

Super cute card! Love the colors and the stamps! Glad you found some flower brads...nice finishing touch!

Terri Winske said...

What a great design and pretty flowers! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday a Throwdown Challenges!

Georgeann Manning said...

Love your use of patterns!! Fun Card! Very universal! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!