Thursday, January 18, 2018

2 Fer January


Using the challenge at Two Fer ...  Feathers ...
this is what I came up with. 
I used the same image from Paper Smooches and the same embossing folder from Cricut. 


For this card, I blended all my green distressed inks onto a piece of scrap and used water to distress it a bit.
I then cut a piece of white cs to fit the front and using a Spellbinders Heart die cut the heart in the center and then running it through with a Cuttlebug folder 'divine swirl'
The digi is from PaperSmooches and I hand painted the birds again with all shades of green distress inks. 
The small heart at the top is pinched and stacked and then topped with stickles. 
The sentiment is edged in Twisted Citron.
All mounted on a green top fold base.





      




For this card I started with the image on white card stock.  The digi is from PaperSmooches and I hand painted the birds again with all shades of pink distressed inks. I used glossy accents on the eyes to pull them up from the card a bit.
I cut white cs to fit the front and ran it through with a Cuttlebug folder 'divine swirl 
The banner is edged in Picked Raspberry.  
The cord is silk which was more trouble than I expected in that it wouldn't knot and it frayed (badly).
All mounted on a pink top fold base.



.






Thanks for stopping by for a look see.
I would like to add these cards in the following challenges if I may:

TwoFer card challenge - Feathers
Aurora Wings - ATG
Throwdown Tuesday: Distressing (the inks and that damn string)
Simon Say: Birds



Have an aaaaaaaaaamazing day.
Burrrrrrrrrr ... it's chilly one.
Be SAFE !

Dawn


6 comments:

Carol H. said...

Two adorable cards! Your Distress Ink painting is so pretty!

Loll said...

Those bird from Paper Smooches are adorable Dawn!! Great designs with both cards. Love the colours of both and the special touches you've added to each of the cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Susanne Vargas said...

Your cards are very pretty! That bird is so cute! Love how the birds pull the banner in the birthday card!
Thank you for joining us in the very first Twofer Card Challenge!

Darnell said...

It's lovely to follow you and see you in the gallery at Twofer, Dawn! I hope you will follow my personal blog, too, if you don't already. I love how you have made your two card designs for two different occasions using that fabulous doodled bird from Paper Smooches! Your embossing and coloring are great! The idea to have the birds carry the birthday banner in their beaks is very creative!! Thank you for playing with us at Twofer!! Hugs, Darnell

Meihsia Liu said...

Your cards are fabulous! Love the beautiful colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

DonnaMundinger said...

These are both just as cute as can be, Dawn! Love your colors and those fun birds with their floral eyes. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD